The Trust Fund, which was established in June 2004, provides parents and carers (as well as former pupils) with a tax efficient method to make a voluntary investment in Boroughmuir High School.
The benefits provided are for all the children who attend Boroughmuir, both now and in the future. The Trust works closely with the PTA in raising funds for the school, with the School Board and with the senior management team to identify key spending needs where the Trust might be able to assist.
So far the Trust has funded
- purchase of a new lighting control board for St Oswald’s Hall £500
- new music stands for concerts £650
- a memorial bench in the school grounds £500
- the Molly T Hope Cup and prize money
- the Andrew Morrison Prize for Biology
- support to the extra curricular sports fund , £2,000
- and encouraged the educational life of the school with a grant of £1,000 towards the annual Awards Ceremony